Tuesday, January 7, 2014

VLV January Week 1 Recap + Viewfinder

Hi friends!  Have you enjoyed the new look and blog so far?  I love a fresh new "do", so am just super giddy each time I come see the fresh look VLV is sporting!  {grin}

So, each Tuesday one of the Divas will be re-capping the sketch and picking a few favorites from that week's linkups.  So today I'm here sharing another sample with the January Week 1 sketch.

by Julee Tilman using No Matter What and Hope Blooms
For this week's challenge you can use just the sketch, just the colors or both.  For my card I picked papers that had the three colors in it, with the addition of pink.  And I also added a bit of flair to the sketch.  You can read more about my card making process on my blog, Poetic Artistry.



So now it's time for the part of the post where I get to highlight faves from this week's link-ups!  It's so much fun checking out everyone's different takes on the sketch and colors.  Thanks so much for playing along with us and keep 'em coming! {grin} 

My little Viva la Viewfinder stopped on these three this week...

The faux stitching effects and buttons give this Valentine by Tricia such a cozy feel.
card by Tricia
 So fresh and fun, this card by Lisa using this week's colors is so eyecatching and unique!
card by Lisa
 Clean, glamorous and totally classy, this card by Lori is definitely noteworthy!
card by Lori

Alright, that's all for our re-cap!  I hope you have a fabulously creative rest of the week and we'll see you back here on Friday for our January Week 2 sketch, hosted by Teresa!

Oh, before I go, I thought I'd quickly answer some of the questions I've been getting about the challenge...

Are Verve stamps required?  Nope.  We do love to see them, though!  ;)
Where can I buy Verve Stamps? Verve Stamps are available online only through our website.
Can I combine challenges?  Yes.  As long as your card meets the challenge criteria, feel free to do a two-for-one.
Where do I link my card?  There's an entry form tab at the top of the blog where the link list for the entire month resides.  Or you can click the Viva la Verve Link Up badge on the side bar.  Or you can click this Entry Form link right here.
Can I still link up my card after Tuesday?  Yep.  You can link up your challenge cards in any order until the deadline at the end of the month.  One link list to rule them all!  :)
What are the rules?  You can read the full list of rules here.   Basically follow the challenge, link back to us in your blog or gallery post and HAVE FUN!