Friday, January 3, 2014

Viva la Verve January 2014 Week 1 {Sketch + Color}

Welcome to our first Viva la Verve sketch at our new blog!

We're so excited about adding a bit of spice to our weekly challenges and I hope you're going to love the little tweaks we've made. The first week of every month will be a sketch + color challenge. You can use just the sketch, just the colors, or combine them for even more fun.

We'll have 5 January challenges, play along with us and link each of your challenge creations to our Entry Form link list. The link list will be up for the whole month and we'll choose a random winner at the end of the month to win a $100 gift voucher to Verve.  Challenge rules can be found on the Rules tab at the top of the blog or by clicking here..  You don't have to complete all of the sketches to win, but the more cards you enter, the greater your odds of winning are.  We'll also be highlighting a couple of our favorite link-ups each Tuesday, so be sure to get your links in if you're crafting over the weekend.

Here is the January Week 1 sketch and color challenge.  Feel free to just use the sketch, use the colors (aqua, brown and red) or both!

To get you started, here is my sample card using the sketch and colors.

by Julee Tilman using No Matter What

And here are some beauties from a few of the Divas...
by Anya Schrier using Holiday Treats

by Maureen Plut using Holiday Greetings

by Teresa Kline using On Occasion

18 comments:

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh fun! I'm printing out the sketch to work on today!! : )

Tricia

cm said...

Wonderful inspiration cards - and soooo happy to see the sketches/challenge with their own blog-home! Looking forward to creating!
c

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on getting these challenges on their own website, Julee! Love the new tweaks too.

anya said...

This is by far the best news of 2014! I love the challenge updates - we are going to have so much fun! :)

Janelle Stollfus said...

Viva La Verve has a new home! It's going to be a fun year!

D- said...

YAY! I am sooo excited to see the Viva la Verve Sketches challenge has a blog now!
I am so looking forward to playing along this year.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
(following by email)

Jennipher said...

Love the new blog and the little tweaks! Gonna be a great year!

Crestajune said...

I am super excited about the the VLV blog! All of the new "tweaks" are going to be super fun! Looking forward to being able to participate more this year. Thanks for continuing to inspire us!

Luanne said...

This is great! Hopefully I can play more this year!

JoAnn said...

Love the new VLV blog and the new challenge. Looking forward to playing along. Love the cards by the designers - beautiful.

Lynn said...

Love the new challenge blog! Looking forward to playing along! Gorgeous inspiration cards.

Gay Ferland said...

Ok.....first time I have ever heard of this company. Your challenges, do I have to use the stamps??? If the stamps need to be used, how do I purchase them??
Thanks!!
Gay Ferland

Vicki Dutcher said...

Glad to see the new blog! Much easier to find :).

D- said...

Whoo hoo I've entered my very first VLV card!
And I used lots of my new sweet verve toys. {tee hee}
Hugs,
D~

D- said...

Verve has wonderful stamps and dies.
You can order them by going to their website {click on the badge at the top with the butterfly by it}
They have a HUGE sale that ends today so hurry on over.
Hugs,
D~
(disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Verve in any way. I just love their products so I jumped in with a reply}

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Hi there! No you don't have to use Verve Stamps to participate. You can find our stamps at www.shopverve.com

Sian Ridley said...

I'm glad VLV has it's own blog now! I am certainly hoping to get the chance to start playing along again religiously! :)

Maria said...

Big congrats on your new challenge blog...how fun! I love Verve stamps and hope to play along!