Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Viva la Verve July Week 3 Recap and Viewfinder

Hi everyone! Jen here with the July Week 3 Recap!

We'll have 5 July challenges... play along with us and link each of your challenge creations to our Entry Form link list. The link list will be up for the whole month and we'll choose a random winner at the end of the month to win a $100 gift voucher to Verve. Challenge rules can be found on the Rules tab at the top of the blog or by clicking here.  You don't have to complete all of the sketches to win, but the more cards you enter, the greater your odds of winning.   Verve stamps are not required to play, but we do love to see 'em!  We'll also be highlighting a couple of our favorite link-ups each Tuesday, so be sure to get your links in if you're crafting over the weekend.

Just as a reminder, here's our week 3 sketch!


Here's the card I created with Stacey's awesome sketch:



I pulled out one of my favorite Plain Janes, You Make Me Smile and used it as the focal point of my card. I love this soft color scheme of kraft, lime green, sky blue and soft yellow. It seems to always work when I get a bit of color block. :) For the banners on my card I used the Flag It Die Set - one of my all time favorite die sets! My flower clusters are some Prima flowers I just have all dumped into a bin so I don't know the exact names of the packets they came from. I added a couple of wood veneer hearts from Studio Calico and a few tiny pearls from Recollections.



Here are a couple of gorgeous cards I found in the gallery using this week's sketch...

Nancy used such a gorgeous color scheme for her card and really captured the sketch well.


Ellen's super cute little skunk caught my eye right away!


Lori's wonderful clean lines and bold background pattern work beautifully together.


Thank you all for sharing your wonderful creations with us! Be sure to join us on Friday for some brand new inspiration for our THIRD Viva La Verve July sketch! Thanks for popping by today!