Tuesday, January 21, 2014

VLV January Week 3 Recap + Viewfinder

It's time for Viva la Verve's recap and Viewfinder for January's Week 3 sketch and inspiration photo.  I always love looking through challenge galleries!!  It never ceases to amaze me how creative people get with a sketch, and when you toss an inspiration picture into the mix, it gets really fun :)


Here is the sample of my January Week 3 card using this week's sketch and inspiration picture.


I must say, this inspiration photo is definitely hitting the theme of the decade I was born in LOL! The funky colours, shag pillows, bold patterns and textures, not to mention the eclectic chandelier, sum it up pretty nicely!  All that's missing are the beaded curtains {grin}! 

I focused on the black borders/outlining and the colours/patterns in the photo.  My grey, patterned paper was close to the pattern on the couch pillows, and the chevrons pick up the pointy edges of the star shaped table.  Bright yellow bubble sofa became embossed dots and the sentiment from Surely Goodness fit the era perfectly!  I added two flowers to the sentiment panel as per the container of petals on the table.  My eyes are still going buggy when I look at this card, but then, it's all about challenging ourselves and getting out of our comfort zones, right?!  Can't wait to take this card to a sixties party somewhere!



So now it's time for the part of the post where I get to highlight faves from this week's link-ups!  Thanks so much for playing along with us!



My little Viva la Viewfinder stopped on these three this week...in numerical order from Mr. Linky.

First up, this fabulous card by Tricia T.  Beautifully coloured flowers from Surely Goodness and love how she used them as the three panels on the sketch. She also rocked the yellow and purple colour combination.


This next card is by Kim.   Her mix of the polka dotted ribbon, I Heart You die set and sprinkle of sequins was lovely.


The last card which caught my eye was this one by Diana.   Beautifully framed sentiment from the Flowers of Tomorrow Plain Jane, great use of the colours from the inspiration picture, gorgeous leafy vine, and brilliant use the two yellow flowers in lieu of the panels. 



That's my recap for this week.   Make sure to come back on Friday for our January Week 4 sketch!

And just as a reminder to those who have not participated before, to follow is a recap of some of the questions we have been getting.

Are Verve stamps required?  Nope.  We do love to see them, though!  ;)
Where can I buy Verve Stamps? Verve Stamps are available online only through our website.
Can I combine challenges?  Yes.  As long as your card meets the challenge criteria, feel free to do a two-for-one.
Where do I link my card?  There's an entry form tab at the top of the blog where the link list for the entire month resides.  Or you can click the Viva la Verve Link Up badge on the side bar.  Or you can click this Entry Form link right here.
Can I still link up my card after Tuesday?  Yep.  You can link up your challenge cards in any order until the deadline at the end of the month.  One link list to rule them all!  :)
What are the rules?  You can read the full list of rules here.   Basically follow the challenge, link back to us in your blog or gallery post and HAVE FUN!